|Ready to devour !!|
This is a hearty breakfast that you can make all your own by adding whatever veggie or spice you want. I'm sharing how I make this to suit my taste. I love hot, spicy food so I make mine with a little heat. Alternatively you could use regular breakfast sausage if you aren't a spice/heat lover. This should feed 6 to 8.
4 Chorizo sausages, casings removed
1 small sweet potato or yam, shredded
1/2 cup small broccoli florets
Half package sliced mushrooms
10 eggs, well whisked
Splash coconut milk
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ancho chili pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook sausage meat in skillet. While its cooking get your veggies ready. To shred the sweet potato I used the World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Veggie Cutter which is a must have in a Paleo or grain and gluten free kitchen.
- When the sausage is almost cooked, add the veggies and the spices to the skillet and cook for approximately 3 - 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat
- Whisk the eggs with a splash of whatever milk you choose. I only use coconut. And then pour the eggs over the sausage mixture
- Place your cast iron skillet into the oven and bake for 30 minutes